ICD-10-CM Coding Certificate Program for Skilled Nursing Facilities + ICD-10-CM for PDPM Course
Recorded On: 02/12/2021
In this four-part certificate program, AANAC master teacher, Carol Maher, RN-BC, RAC-MT, CPC, walks through the process for using the ICD-10-CM Manual, from identification of the main term through the final code selection, and review coding and chapter-specific guidelines. You will have the opportunity to enhance your learning and locate correct ICD-10-CM codes throughout this interactive education program.
After passing the associated final examination with a score of 80% or better, you will receive access to a certificate of completion that can be downloaded, printed, and proudly displayed as recognition of your achievement.
For the best learning and most successful testing experiences, we strongly recommend you have a current copy of an ICD-10 manual on-hand. A free version is available on the CMS site, or you may purchase a version of your choosing.
Following completion of this certificate program, you will be able to:
- Define the correct process for determining the ICD-10-CM code from the physician’s documented diagnoses
- State which practitioners can diagnose
- Explain the process for identifying the “main term” for diagnoses to assist clinicians to locate the basic code in the Alphabetic Index
- Describe the difference between “Excludes 1” and “Excludes 2” notes
- State the importance of chapter specific guidelines
- Identify the ICD-10-CM code for a cancer diagnosis using the Neoplasm table
- Explain how combination codes are appended for residents who have a specific type of diabetes “with” multiple conditions
- Report the seventh characters assigned to designate the stages of glaucoma
- Identify the ICD-10-CM code for a pathological fracture related to osteoporosis
- Name one chapter-specific guideline that has a major impact on coding traumatic fractures that have been surgically repaired with a joint replacement
- Explain steps required to determine a principal diagnosis
- Describe how ICD-10-CM codes will impact the therapy and non-therapy ancillary components in PDPM
- State the MDS item where the facility will document the ICD-10-CM code for the primary diagnosis
- List at least four documents to review to determine diagnoses for your new SNF resident