On-Demand Webinar: Navigating MDS Changes and Unprecedented Delays
Recorded On: 09/24/2020
In the MDS world, we are accustomed to constant change. However, there are still a few things we can usually plan on—the SNF PPS Proposed Rule each spring, the Final Rule in the fall, and an updated RAI User’s Manual to provide guidance effective Oct. 1. But we all know that 2020 has not been a normal year and the fiscal year 2021 updates will not be typical either.
The year 2020 started out predictable, but shortly after CMS released the draft item set v1.18.1, the public health emergency (PHE) emerged, and providers and CMS had to make drastic changes to combat COVID-19. This 60-minute webinar will keep the nurse assessment coordinator (NAC) and MDS team up-to-date on current RAI and MDS changes including the delay of the planned MDS item set version 1.18.1 to the revised item set 1.17.2 effective Oct. 1, 2020, and outcomes of the SNF PPS FY 2021 Final Rule.
Following this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Recognize the MDS items and MDS changes that were postponed for implementation of the v1.18.1 MDS item set.
- Reference the changes and delays to the SNF QRP program related to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Identify the MDS items that will be added to the v1.17.2 MDS item set effective Oct. 1, 2020, to allow states the ability to collect and analyze PDPM billing codes.
- Understand updates to the ICD-10-CM PDPM mapping finalized in the FY 2021 Rulemaking.
- Develop a plan to prepare for FY 2021 changes.