DNS-CT Course - MDS and Medicare Process Essentials for the Nurse Leader
Upon completion of the MDS and Medicare Process Essentials for the Nurse Leader course, the participant will be able to:
- Understand the goals as outlined by CMS for MDS 3.0;
- Identify key concepts the nurse leader should consider to ensure an effective MDS/RAI process;
- Understand how MDS 3.0 fits into resident-centered care and quality monitoring;
- Recognize MDS 3.0 timing and scheduling requirements;
- Describe the steps to foster effective interview assessments with the MDS 3.0;
- Identify highlights of MDS items by section;
- Describe the CAA process;
- Describe the connection between MDS 3.0 items and RUG-IV categories;
- Describe factors to ensure effective Medicare Part A systems;
- Understand the negative repercussions of inaccurate MDS coding.
The course was written by Rena R. Shephard, MHA, RN, DNS-CT, QCP, RAC-MT, Sandy Biggi, BSN, DNS-MT, QCP-MT, RAC-MT, and Rebecca LaBarge, RN, RAC-MT.
This course is eligible for 5.0 continuing education hours.