DNS-CT Course - Survey Management and Enforcement for the Nurse Leader
Upon completion of the Survey Management and Enforcement for the Nurse Leader course, the participant will be able to:
- List the elements required by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services to complete an acceptable plan of correction for deficiencies cited during survey;
- Identify several means to devising and implementing an effective plan of correction;
- Describe the four levels of severity and three levels of scope that are assigned to deficiency citations;
- Describe at least five criteria facility staff can employ to construct a sound plan of correction;
- Define immediate jeopardy and explain several methods used to create credible compliance for I and J citations;
- Understand how to effectively refute discrepancies found in the statement of deficiencies using the informal dispute resolution process.
The course was written by Jan Bennet, RN, NHA.
This course is eligible for 4.0 continuing education hours.