On-Demand Webinar: Is This Resident Skilled?
Recorded On: 06/10/2021
In skilled nursing facilities, questions continue to come up around the topic of whether a resident is skilled or not. Does the presumption of coverage still exist and how does the interrupted stay impact skilled coverage? And what about those physician certifications and recertifications—what is the correct timing, what content should be included, and who signs? And what do we need to document to alleviate the risk of a denial? Understanding the nuances of Original Medicare is no small task when looking at our ever-changing world of long-term care services.
Join Jane Belt, AAPACN curriculum development specialist, for this 60-minute webinar as she discusses not only the basics of Medicare coverage, but also the complex details, including the 30-day transfer rule and the medical appropriateness exception regulation. So many questions, let’s get those answered!
After participating in this session, learners will be able to:
- Understand the elements of technical eligibility for Medicare Part A coverage
- Recognize when Medicare eligibility begins and ends
- Recall the necessary requirements for the validation of a skilled level of care
- Know the specifics of direct and indirect skilled services
- Properly document what is needed to support skilled decisions and minimize denials