Catalog Advanced Search
2017 AAPACN Nurse Assessment Coordinator Work Time Study and Salary ReportContains 2 Component(s)
Resource on NAC salaries and time spent on job duties
It is vitally important that the MDS department is staffed properly. The MDS determines care plans, which impact the quality of care provided and drives reimbursement. The 2017 AAPACN Nurse Assessment Coordinator Work Time Study and Salary Report will provide you with:
- Benchmark and report average completion times for the MDS, by assessment type
- Benchmark and report compensation levels by various factors
- Benchmark and understand the time factors affecting accurate MDS assessment
- Benchmark and understand nursing home staffing practices and trends
2019 AAPACN Director of Nursing Services Work Study and Salary ReportContains 2 Component(s)
Resource on DNS salaries and time spent on job duties
Based on a representative sample of the estimated 15,000 directors of nursing services (DNSs) working in long-term care, the 2019 AAPACN Director of Nursing Services Work Study and Salary Report benchmarks current trends in the LTC field and how they affect the responsibilities and job satisfaction of the DNS. The report also includes DNS salary comparisons by region, size of facility, facility ownership, education, and years of experience.
Use this 23-page report to:
- Explore the correlations between DON/DNS job satisfaction and common job challenges
- Understand DON/DNS involvement in direct care, meetings, and activities
- Find DON/DNS salary comparisons by different variables
- Examine staff turnover rates and trends
2021 Conference Recordings: NAC Hot Topic BundleContains 6 Product(s)
Selected recordings from the 2021 AAPACN Conference
Experience the best of the AAPACN 2021 Conference. The AAPACN 2021 Conference Recorded Sessions are bundled into two separate packages – the Nurse Leader Hot Topic Bundle and the NAC Hot Topic Bundle. Each bundle includes education sessions from leaders and experts in the LTPAC field. Session recordings are a compilation of digital audio and video recordings and synchronized slides - all accessible in your AAPACN Learner Dashboard for up to one year.
The NAC Hot Topic Bundle provides the opportunity to earn up to 7.5 ANCC continuing education hours (CEs) for viewing these recorded sessions. Session titles are as follows:
- Fact or Fiction? GG Outcomes – What’s the Story?
- Beyond Section GG: Are Therapy and Nursing Speaking the Same Language?
- Why the Right Diagnosis Code Matters
- To IPA or Not IPA – A Very Important Question
- Uncovering Things Missed Under PDPM
- Surviving Chaos: Legal and Regulatory Updates
2021 Conference Recordings: Nurse Leader Hot Topic BundleContains 5 Product(s)
Selected recordings from the 2021 AAPACN Conference
Experience the best of the AAPACN 2021 Conference. The AAPACN 2021 Conference Recorded Sessions are bundled into two separate packages – the Nurse Leader Hot Topic Bundle and the NAC Hot Topic Bundle. Each bundle includes education sessions from leaders and experts in the LTPAC field. Session recordings are a compilation of digital audio and video recordings and synchronized slides - all accessible in your AAPACN Learner Dashboard for up to one year.The Nurse Leader Hot Topic Bundle provides the opportunity to earn up to 6.25 ANCC continuing education hours (CEs) for viewing these recorded sessions. Session titles are as follows:
- SIMply Competent
- Review of Current Nursing Home Deficiencies and Tips and Strategies to Prevent
- Using Technology to Manage Your Infection Prevention and Control Program
- Why Employees Really Leave and What You Can Do To Retain Them
- Surviving Chaos: Legal and Regulatory Updates
AAPACN's Body of Knowledge for the Role of Director of Nursing Services in Long-Term CareContains 2 Component(s)
Outline of knowledge needed for proficiency in the DNS role within Long-Term Care
AAPACN’s Body of Knowledge for the Role of Director of Nursing Services in Long-Term Care is an essential reference for facility managers and a must-have guide for DONs who wish to further their expertise and career in the LTC nursing field. The Body of Knowledge guide identifies, defines, and measures the core competencies required of DNSs practicing in SNFs. Organized by seven standards and competency domains, the Body of Knowledge guide outlines the knowledge, skills, and attitudes required for successful accomplishment of the tasks related to each domain.
Use the Body of Knowledge guide to:
- Successfully hire and train your facility’s next DNS
- Learn what you need to know to fulfill your role as a DNS
- Demonstrate your competencies as a DNS to staff and superiors
Developed and reviewed by more than a dozen nurse leader experts, the 46-page PDF download includes a comprehensive DNS career map.
AAPACN's Guide to Successful Restorative ProgramsContains 2 Component(s)
Resources and tools you need to start and maintain an effective restorative program in your facility
The risk for ADL decline in long-term care residents can lead to falls, pressure ulcers, weight loss, depression, and other negative outcomes. To ensure quality outcomes and to comply with federal regulation, nursing facilities must have a comprehensive and effective restorative program that encourages each resident's highest level of function. AANAC's Guide to Successful Restorative Programs will provide the knowledge and tools you need to start and maintain an effective restorative program in your facility with ease and confidence.
Use the AAPACN's Guide to Successful Restorative Programs to:
- Identify and overcome barriers to effective restorative programming
- Select appropriate candidates for restorative programming
- Recruit available resources in your facility, such as a program lead, activities director, and more
- Write restorative programs with measurable goals
- Analyze resident performance for effective periodic evaluations
This 61-page interactive PDF guide includes tools and algorithms for imitating your program; comprehensive examples of restorative goals, interventions, evaluations, and care planning; and other resources for creating the best restorative program for your facility.
Want to learn more? Preview the guide now.
AAPACN's PDPM Game PlanContains 2 Component(s)
Interactive, downloadable tools, checklists, and resources to develop, implement, and monitor your PDPM transition plan and continue to support your PDPM success well after implementation
AAPACN’s PDPM Game Plan delivers 80+ pages of interactive, downloadable tools, checklists, and resources all in one convenient resource. Developed by AAPACN nursing experts, AAPACN’s PDPM Game Plan allows you to develop, implement, and monitor your PDPM transition plan and continue to support your PDPM success well after implementation.
Put these tools to work for you today!
- PDPM Calculation Worksheet
- MDS Nurse FTE Calculator
- Interrupted Stay Policy Tracking
- PDPM Case-Mix Group Conversion to HIPPS Characters Tool
- Top five mistakes made when assigning ICD-10-CM codes in the SNF
- PDPM Admission Checklist Tool
- Tools to help you audit billing and reimbursement
- Detailed review of the risk of payment penalty for late or missed assessments under PDPM
See the Table of Contents.
AAPACN's Section GG Train-the-TrainerContains 13 Component(s), Includes Credits
Certificate program to prepare you to train section GG tasks and documentation to nurse aides and other IDT members involved with resident care.
This certificate program will prepare you to train section GG tasks and documentation to nurse aides and other IDT members involved with resident care. You will earn 1.5 CEs completing the Section GG Train-the-Trainer On-Demand Workshop, which walks you through the history of section GG, why accuracy is key, and detail each GG activity. Once you have completed the On-Demand Workshop, you can access the exam in your AAPACN Learner Dashboard. Upon passing the final exam with a score of 80% or better, you will have access to AAPACN’s complete section GG training package, which includes a trainer’s guide, training presentation for training IDT members, section GG data collection tools, a section GG pocket guide for attendees, and a completion certificate for attendees.
Following this program, you will be able to:
- Describe the differences between the performance periods on the OBRA and PPS assessments for section GG data collection
- Demonstrate understanding of section GG performance scales, tasks, and subtasks
- Employ section GG training strategies for large or small groups
- Teach section GG concepts and documentation to nurse aides, nurses, therapy team members, and additional direct care IDT members
Appeals ApplicationContains 2 Component(s)
Application for appeal to an AAPACN decision.
In the case of extenuating circumstances, you do have the option to submit a formal, written appeal to the AAPACN education team to request an exception to the certification policies.
To submit your appeal application:
- Click the "register" button at the top of this page to create a new application.
- Download the Appeal Application document from the "Application" tab.
- Fill out the form and save a copy on your computer.
- Return to the Appeals Application in your Learner Dashboard and submit the document for review.
- Open the application product.
- Click the “Submit Appeal Document.”
- Confirm the “Upload A File” option is selected, then click in the grey Upload box to browse your computer for your file.
- Once the completed form is uploaded successfully, click the “Submit” button.
You have 15 days to submit your application. AAPACN staff will review and respond to you within two business days.
Collaboration in SNFs: A Certificate of Skills in Medicare, MDS, and PDPM for Therapy ProfessionalsContains 10 Component(s), Includes Credits
Certificate program for Therapy Professionals
Discover how you can improve therapy collaboration in SNFs by eliminating the silos of care management and redefining the role of therapy in clinical reimbursement and quality outcomes. Developed for the entire therapy team, this course is intended to increase the knowledge and skills of the team by optimizing the impact of therapy in the patient care process and improving collaboration for documentation to support the MDS and skilled level of care under Medicare Part A.Learning Objectives:
- Describe the initial purpose of the Minimum Data Set (MDS) and the philosophy of the SNF Prospective Payment System
- State the technical eligibility requirements for Medicare and describe the skilled level of care requirements
- Understand how therapy documentation can impact the accurate coding of many different MDS items
- Delineate the key components of the five case-mix adjusted components of the Patient-Driven Payment Model (PDPM)
- Identify the perils and pitfalls of the MDS and PPS process